THIS PICTURE SAYS IT ALL:
Today has been a Monday in every sense of the word. I’ve tried to maintain a positive attitude, and some things went well but as a whole it’s most definitely Monday.
My Mondays consist of chaos (some expected and most unexpected)\: running around all day, homework for the kids (why do teachers do this!?), early non-fancy dinner, early shower and bed times, and generally trying to play catch-up.
At least we have joy in knowing the sun will set and will rise again tomorrow bringing forth a brand new day. And Tuesday is always so much better than Monday.
So here’s my advice for the days like today when everything that can go wrong will:
- Kids can do an early bedtime every now and then. They’ll be fine. In fact, they just might enjoy it.
- Light dinner. I enjoy cooking but every now and then we keep it simple. (for my sanity).
- Have a glass or two of wine and call it a night. (or three. I won’t judge).
- Clean the kitchen and prep for the morning (this helps tomorrow start off smoothly)
- turn off your phone. (yes! I actually said that)!
- Say no to Facebook. Go to bed.
- Remember to listen to your body. Don’t push yourself too much or you’ll break down at the worst time.