Life is strange yet familiar. The kids have adjusted incredibly well to everything which makes me realize that I should have left that man years ago. I didn’t, I stayed; I honored my commitments. The funny thing is, most people would think that what happened was awful. It was. There is no honor in what was done. So the fact that it was a gift to the kids and I provides some insight into just how bad things were.
Life is great now. No more drama, no more lies, no more excuses, no more abuse! We are near family and when all is said and done that’s all that matters. I’ve had the big fancy house and it was smoke and mirrors. Life isn’t the whats and the where’s it’s the who. Who are you sharing your life with? Who are you sharing yourself with?
I’m finding myself again. It’s incredible, exciting… almost surreal. Some believe God controls everything and for the most part I agree because He is IN everything… but if you read His letter to us you’ll see just how often He sits back and watches. He loves us enough to allow us to walk our path. He steps in when needed… He sets things in motion at times… and then He sits back and lets us walk. Last night I was reminded a simple promise from Christ
- 7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8 NKJV
Life is what you make of it. Make it great! God has given us all the tools we need to accomplish His will.
Hey Y’all! I haven’t had any time recently to post … uh… at all… (bad blogger)!! Today’s just the same.. however I wanted to sneak a minute and show off my latest creation…. upcycle.. whatever lingo you prefer…. anyways here it is! (yep… a shot glass)… works great when you don’t have long stems. I just had to snip my first two lilies that bloomed! :) I love star gazer lilies! ok… let me know your thoughts!
As of today, I am an independent consultant for Mary Kay. I’m excited to begin this new adventure.
If you live in the Atlanta Area and would like to host a party, schedule a makeover, facial or other meeting, please feel free to contact me via my website, phone, text, or email.
Have a blessed weekend and Happy Easter!
Enjoy the chocolate and other yummies but let’s not forget the real reason we celebrate — He is risen!
I played the fool today; a Ford dealership which I “like” on Facebook posted an image teaser of the “new” Bronco that Ford was going to release. I LOVE Ford Broncos… my brother had one when I was a teenager and that thing was a beast!
I was so excited that I shared the post on Facebook and called my husband to tell him about it. I wanted one in a flat military green, with tinted windows and big wheels….
Then I finally decided to click the link it gave “for further information”… only to find it was an April Fool’s joke. I fell for it; hook, line & sinker. April Fool’s was yesterday! ugh. anyways…. dare to dream. I would love for Ford to bring back the Bronco.
So that is how my day started. It is, however, shaping up to be a decent day… especially for a Monday….
My kids will be home all week for spring break so I’ll try to fit in some fun adventures for them.
Today is a slow, lazy day. I’m making two loaves of my great grandmother’s banana bread and cleaning house. Tomorrow we’ll enjoy this beautiful Georgia weather and hopefully catch up with some good friends.
How is your Monday going?
I’ve changed the name of my shop! You can find it at
I’m excited about this change, and I’ll be unveiling my spring collection soon. Check out the shop Monday!
Have a blessed weekend y’all! Don’t forget to wear your green and celebrate tomorrow. I’ve recently learned that I do, in fact have black Irish in me…. so I’ll be celebrating tomorrow :)
How about you?
Here I sit on a Sunday evening, planning my week ahead…
Wondering how I’ll fit it all in. My Monday looks like this:
- (I am trying to type this so that I can have it published early in the morning…) because I won’t have time tomorrow… or when you’re reading this…
- I’m trying to figure out how I’ll find the time to start and complete an oversize clutch I’m very excited to create :)
(My first ETSY sale)!
- I’ve got emails, texts and phone calls to make and visits to schedule for tomorrow
- – because I’ve got 5 more puppies to get rid of
- I’ve got grocery shopping to do
- I’ve got forms to fill out for my daughter’s PreK/Kindergarten transition
- I’ve got piles of laundry to do
- I’ve got a house that hasn’t been tended to (the way it should… the way I’d like) since MIL moved in & puppies were born in january…
- – as in.. every room needs to be dusted, wiped, vacuumed, steam cleaned, scrubbed, tidied, organized, etc.
- I’ve got a yard that needs work
- I’ve got a garden to be tilled
- I’ve got a husband who needs to be seen off to work
- I’ve got kids to get ready for school and pick up from school
- I’ve got chickens, puppies, dogs, and cats to be tended to
- I’ve got a truck that needs to be cleaned out
etc. etc. etc. and all before I pick the kids up from school. Then there’s another list that starts…
So that is my Monday morning list. What’s yours look like?